Friday, October 11, 2013

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter


Title: The Goddess Test

Author: Aimee Carter

Book #: 1st of Trilogy



Publisher: Harlequin Teen


Publish Date: April 19th 2011

Pages: 293

Format: Paperback


Date Read (Throwback)October 6th 2012

Rating
  / out of 5



Sometimes we misjudge what is possible and what is not.

Summary
:

Kate, a seemingly normal girl, has been living her high school years completely off the radar while being busy taking care of her dying mother. As the date draws near, the two of them move to her mother's hometown in the middle of... nowhere. 

The town is small, yet something doesn't seem right about the few people who live here. Can Kate figure it out? Can she fulfill their requests? Can she save her mother?

More importantly, can she save herself?

Review:

I found myself easily intruiged by Kate's situation, and I think that is what mainly helped propel me into this story. I also found that, when I thought I had it all figured out... Bam! it surprised me yet again.

A couple things troubled me, though. One is that I think this might develop into a love triangle between (view spoiler). Another thing, and the reason I probably won't read the next book, is that I never really felt any attachment to the relationship between Henry and Kate. I am also not a huge fan of Greek mythology.

Overall, if you are interested in Greek mythology I would recommend this book to you! Really! It shouldn't disappoint.


On My Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/425090396

1 comment:

  1. Thank you assistant about it and writing a dissertation available for students online and we make sure students get quality services online.

    ReplyDelete