Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sailor Moon, Vol. 1 by Naoko Takeuchi


Title: Sailor Moon, Vol. 1

Author: Naoko Takeuchi

Book #: 1st of Series



Publisher: Kodansha International


Publish Date: September 13th 2011

Pages: 236

Format: Paperback


Date ReadOctober 12th 2013

Rating
  / out of 5



Summary:

Usagi Tsukino is a normal girl until she meets up with Luna, a talking cat, who tells her that she is Sailor Moon. As Sailor Moon, Usagi must fight evils and enforce justice, in the name of the Moon and the mysterious Moon Princess. She meets other girls destined to be Sailor Senshi (Sailor Scouts), and together, they fight the forces of evil!
(Synopsis taken from Goodreads)

Review:

I thought this was pretty decent. There were some things that I did not really like, including the extremely showy outfits these 14 girls were drawn as wearing.

The story was really interesting, though, and despite the fact that I didn't really understand exactly what was going on in the beginning, I can easily see this story and characters growing on me.

Overall, I hope I will find better manga than this, but it was enjoyable for my beginner status.


On My Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/633597345

No comments:

Post a Comment