Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks


Title: Of Poseidon

Author: Anna Banks

Book #: 1st of Trilogy


Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

Publish Date: May 22nd 2012

Pages: 324

Format: Hardcover


Date Read (ThrowbackSeptember 2nd 2012

Rating
★★ / out of 5




Summary:

Emma lives with her Mother on the beach and has the best friend that every girl wants. Then, her best friend dies from a shark attack that nearly killed Emma, too. Torn with grief, Emma can't help but begin to blame herself for what happened.

Then Emma starts to form a bond with Galen, the mysterious boy she met on the day of her best friend's death. Together, the uncover the mystery as to why Galen believes Emma to be one of his kind. It would surely explain a lot of things like, for example, why sea creature seem to be drawn to her.

Review:

The story line was why I enjoyed this book so much. It was exciting! And unique! And (even though it was somewhat predictable) I was still thrilled to read along as the characters made their discoveries.

My only problem: Emma and Galen got on my nerves a bit. As well as Galen's sister and her exboyfriend ex-boyfriendfiance. Her boyfriend?

Overall
, if it were for the characters alone, I probably would not have finished the book. A book is never just the characters, though. Looking past all their flaws, it was the story line that intrigued me most. I simply cannot wait for the second book!


On My Goodreads:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/405453063

No comments:

Post a Comment