Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Halo by Alexandria Adornetto


Title: Halo

Author: Alexandria Adornetto

Book #: 1st of Trilogy


Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

Publish Date: August 21st 2010

Pages: 484

Format: Hardcover


Date Read (ThrowbackSeptember 10th  2012

Rating
★★ / out of 5





The angel came, the angel saw, the angel fell.

Summary:

Angels are raining down from Heaven, trying to save a world that is quickly crumbling into darkness. They are each given an assignment: Save as many as you can.

For Gabriel, Ivy and Bethany, that means setting up camp in tiny Venus Cove and try to bring back faith and hope into the lives of these people; to open up their hearts.

Everything goes according to plan, that is, until Bethany opens that heart of a young-man who's heart has been closed since the tragic death of his girlfriend.

Can she save them both? Or will love be what ruins them? 

Review:

I very much enjoy reading books where I can see myself in the main character, or at least one of the characters. It makes the book more personal, and I find myself saying agreeing with many of the characters habits or speech patterns.

However, I felt that Bethany made very rash decisions.I guess I sort of expected a bit more but, at the same time it's been a reoccurring theme in some of the books I have been reading to have the main character make some unwise decisions and then have to sort them through. I guess I just wished that she would have been a little more cautious, especially with her being an angel. But, then again, to make mistakes is to be human, and Bethany is pretty much a human at this point.

As far as angel books are concerned, though, I really like it when the author tries to make it realistic and pulls it off well. What I mean by this is when the angels in the books are guardians and so forth. Alexandria didn't disappoint and I think this was a very well done angel story!

Overallnothing could not hold me back from loving this novel. I thought it was very well written, and it kept me engrossed and entertained. 

Quote:

One of the most frustrating words in the human language, as far as I could tell, was love. So much meaning attached to this one little word. People bandied it about freely, using it to describe their attachments to possessions, pets, vacation destinations, and favorite foods. In the same breath they then applied this word to the person they considered most important in their lives. Wasn’t that insulting? Shouldn’t there be some other term to describe deeper emotion?


On My Goodreads:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/406020936

No comments:

Post a Comment